6-Week MBCT Basics Online 17–352–01
Explore the therapeutic benefits of MBCT while looking at its clinical applications. This is the first module of our MBCT Facilitation Certificate Program.
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) combines the practice of mindfulness meditation with the tools of cognitive therapy. This highly experiential workshop adapts this treatment to health-care providers for personal use. Participants will explore habitual modes of mind that characterize changes in mood while simultaneously developing skills and a new relationship to these states. In addition, participants will be introduced to the theoretical assumptions underlying the model as well as the application of MBCT in clinical settings.
Participants Will Learn
• Mindfulness-based interventions are applicable to dealing with negative moods, stress and anxiety.
• How to use mindfulness-based cognitive strategies in your personal and professional life to increase resilience.
• How to use MBCT practices in addressing depression and anxiety at an introductory level.
Who Should Attend
Healthcare providers interested in learning MBCT for personal and professional resilience will benefit from this workshop as well as those who wish to learn about the clinical applications of this modality.
Participation will be via your computer (Windows, Mac or Linux) or mobile device (iPad, iPhone, Android), with interactive audio, video and chat.
Please note this will be a highly interactive web-based program. Your full attention will be required.
This online course requires high-speed Internet access and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you have adequate equipment and internet connection.
- High-speed internet connection
- Video cam (built-in or external)
- Audio microphone (built-in or external)
It is the registrant’s responsibility to complete the required technical tests on the computer and to test the internet connection that s/he will be using throughout the course. For those registrants who plan to participate from the workplace, please note that it might be necessary to involve your IT department/consultant in determining how to meet the following technical requirements.
Please complete all the following steps to successfully join the online course
- Download Zoom (video conference program) by clicking here or by clicking on https://zoom.us/download
- Click here for a PDF on how to download Zoom
- Ensure you have operational headphones/earphones – required to limit feedback
- Test your headphones/earphones with the computer you will be using
- Test your camera and microphone by clicking here or by clicking on https://zoom.us/test
May 31 – July 5, 2017 | 11:00am – 1:00pm ET
As a registered charity, we do not charge HST. When you support us, you support our charitable initiatives. If you’d like to learn more, please see our Community Program.
This course has been accredited for 13.5 Mainpro-C credits through the College of Family Physicians of Canada.